Tuesday, June 14, 2011

See ya later Memphis!!

I'm all packed, just about. I'm waiting on my laundry to finish drying, then, then it will all be packed away...i think...My roommate and I are watching "The Nanny" while trying to get everything packed and put away.

Today our entire class got CPR and First Aid. The last time I had attended a class on those subject was 2005...A lot has changed. The dummies have indicator lights to tell you if you are pushing hard enough and fast enough. I struggled with the pushing hard enough. I will also admit that I got more than a little nauseous when the instructors were covering internal bleeding and compound fractures. I really hope I never have to deal with them. I will probably throw up, then continue giving First Aid. I'm really tough, but that where I will lose my composure. Friday we will start working with actual aircraft! I look forward to getting acquainted with the "behind the scenes" side of the aviation industry. I was very happy to hear that there are a lot of opportunities for upward mobility in this company. My educational qualifications should help me get a lot of special assignments, and as soon as I can I want to try to get on one or more of the committees within the company. I would like to be on the uniform committee for sure!

I can't wait to see my family! The sooner I go to bed, the sooner I get to see them! Good night and happy travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment